Posted: 10:57 am Tuesday, May 1st, 2018
(Photo by Joe Raedle/Getty Images)
You’ve heard about it before, but WHAT is Give Day Tampa Bay?
Give Day Tampa Bay is a 24-hour, online charitable giving challenge on May 1. It happens to support nonprofits in the area and get much-needed support and to raise awareness of the good work nonprofits do in the Tampa Bay community.
More than 400 nonprofits are registered for Give Day Tampa Bay. Anyone can donate as little as $5 to a nonprofit that’s working to create a better community in Tampa Bay. Visit GiveDay.org to support causes ranging from education to the environment to animal welfare to the arts. You can also keep an eye on how much money is being raised so far!
There are also tons of local spots you can hit to support the cause. Check them out below!
- 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. – High Risk Hope is partnering with restaurants and retailers in Hyde Park Village, 744 S. Village Circle in Tampa, to offer discount passes for participating locations (details here) for every person who donates $25 or more to High Risk Hope.
- 8:30 a.m. – High Risk Hope hosts a donation-based Fit4Mom Tampa Bay Stroller Strides class in Hyde Park Village, 744 S. Village Circle in Tampa.
- 9:30-10:30 a.m. – “Good Moves” caravan – NOMAD Art Bus, Bess the Book Bus, Bluebird Book Bus, Boards for Bros, Giving Tree Music and Road to Artdom – bring books and art to ARC of Tampa Bay clients at the Long Center, 1501 N Belcher Rd in Clearwater.
- 9:30 a.m. – High Risk Hope presents a free story time lesson followed by a music lesson with Allisongs for Tots, LLC. in Hyde Park Village, 744 S. Village Circle in Tampa.
- 10 a.m.-9 p.m. – Smallcakes: A Cupcakery and Creamery, 3705 Tampa Road in Oldsmar, will donate $1 to Suncoast Animal League for every specially made “Give Day Tampa Bay Cupcake” purchased. From 6-8 p.m., Smallcakes will donate 25 percent of proceeds from all items sold, including 13 signature cupcake flavors, homemade ice creams and Kahwa coffee.
- 10:30 a.m. – High Risk Hope hosts a Dance Around the Maypole with Rapunzel in Hyde Park Village, 744 S. Village Circle in Tampa.
- 11 a.m.-9 p.m. – Tampa Pizza Company, 777 N Ashley Drive in Tampa, is providing 15 percent off each purchase for a donation of $5 or more to Volunteers of America of Florida.
- 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. – NOMAD Art Bus continues its “Good Moves” caravan and visits boys and girls at the Juvenile Detention Center.
- 11 a.m.-2 p.m. – Tampa Bay Food Trucks, including Anju Korean Gastrotruck. The Dude and His Food, and The Bacon Boss Food Truck, will donate a portion of proceeds from sales at MacDonald Training Center, 5420 W Cypress St. in Tampa, to the Center.
- 12 p.m. – High Risk Hope’s pop up event with the Cotton Candy Bar in Hyde Park Village, 744 S. Village Circle in Tampa.
- 3:30-5 p.m. – NOMAD Art Bus continues its “Good Moves” caravan at DeSoto Park in Tampa, Corrine St. in Tampa, where participants can pick out books, join a drum circle, make art, paint a bus, and even try out skateboarding.
- 3:30-4:45 p.m. – High Risk Hope sweet treat and special guest appearance in Tampa’s Hyde Park Village, 744 S. Village Circle in Tampa.
- 4-10 p.m. – Carrabba’s Italian Grill’s St. Petersburg locations (1951 4th St N. or 3530 Tyrone Blvd N.) will donate 15 percent of sales to PARC for diners who bring in a PARC flyer or mention Give Day Tampa Bay.
- 5-8 p.m. – Portillo’s Hotdogs, 1748 W. Brandon Blvd. in Brandon, will donate 20 of proceeds to The Seventh Mom Project when diners show a flyer, a photo on their phone or mention The Seventh Mom Project Inc. when they place their orders.
- 6-9 p.m. – Irish Kelly’s, 734 S Pinellas Ave. in Tarpon Springs, is donating proceeds to Red Apple Adult Training.
- 6-9 p.m. – NOMAD Art Bus and the “Good Moves” caravan culminates at Coppertail Brewing Co., 2601 E 2nd Ave. in Tampa.
What charity do YOU want to support for Give Day Tampa Bay!?